After looking at Lexia to Perplexia and reading the articles for this week, I discovered how much I don't understand about technology. I thought I knew how to work a computer. Actually, I thought I was pretty good at it. But now, I see that I was totally wrong.
Going through Lexia to Perplexia made me almost dizzy because there was so much going on. It was like combing English with a foreign language. It just goes to show the complexity of seemingly transparent technologies, such as the computer. I don't see a computer as a complex machine. I see it as a way to check my email, to access the web, to type papers, etc. I don't know about all of you...but I was definitely left perplexed!
Print len(python) from datetime import datetime
9 years ago
I think that was probably the point. To take what could have been a straightforward (although still perplexing in its own right) essay and morph it into a much more confusing presentation might have been intended to reveal our own technological weaknesses. Either that, or the author just likes to be freaky.
ReplyDeleteYa, I think we were supposed to be left perplexed. Lexia to Perplexia was just to chaotic to follow. It really did not make much sense. I don't think it was supposed to.
ReplyDelete